NEW FOOD BUY: Cheese Cheese and Chilli Popcorn

Wednesday 16 June 2010

I really can't resist treating myself to something foodie when I'm out. Whilst most 21 year olds would be spending any spare dosh on booze, I'm in my local garden centre's farm shop stocking up on tasty goodies!

My lastest bought on a whim produce consisted of the following: Y Fenni Cheese - a cheddar flavoured with grain mustard and real ale (drool), Chilli Red Leicester, Pain is Good Jalepeno Popcorn and a bulb of smoked garlic. An odd combo I'll give you that but I had to resist the urge to buy for the sake of my credit card's wellbeing.

L-R Y Fenni Cheese, Chilli Cheese, Pain is Good Jalepeno Popcorn and Smoked Garlic

I have to admit the thought of Jalapeno popcorn filled me with joy, but on this occasion I felt slightly let down. I left it for a few days resisting the urge to shovel down a whole packet. When I did eventually decide to open the pack and whack it in the microwave me and the boyfriend were looking forward to a bowl of spicy delights to munch on whislt watching a film.

  Tasty Treats!

Alas, all that greeted us was the faint taste of authentic chilli flavouring and an overwhelming smell of pungent cheese. Shame really was looking forward to this for a while. All in all a fairly good buy. Must stay out of local farm shop more often to avoid food related bankrupcy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GUSTO AND GLEE Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino