FAVOURITE READ: Mexican Food Made Simple - Thomasina Miers

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Here's what my nose is stuck right in at the minute. I'm a great lover of Mexican food and I’d wasted too many restless nights dreaming of owning my very own Mexican bible and low and behold, here it is!

My culinary prayers were answered this month with the release of Thomasina Miers’ ‘Mexican Food Made Simple’ waltzed onto my bookshelf.

Since purchasing this title from the new godess of Mexican eating I've tested a few of the recipes and hand on heart can assure you they don't disappoint. I've mastered the art of dry roasting for my salsas and now know how to make THE best guacamole; no comparison with the nasty shop bought alternatives. The night when my mexican medley was served was a night of happy eating from me and my boyfriend. Nothing quite beats the satisfaction of fresh tasting mexican flavours, made at home. The time has come my friends.

This book is pure cooking magic. Far from greasy Tex-Mex alternatives, this book goes back to traditional Mexican roots, compiling of refreshing soups and in season alternatives to firm favourites such as burritos and the sometimes troublesome to make tacos. Love your tortilla chips? Fear not as Tommi Miers has got it covered, with recipes ranging from traditional tomato salsa to some more adventurous alternatives. If that sounds too hot to handle then wash it down with a thirst quenching margarita or a baked cheesecake featured in the final chapters of this book. This quite simply is a must buy and to be frank a real investment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GUSTO AND GLEE Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino