MADE IT: Cook Yourself Thin Chicken Katsu Curry

Sunday 31 October 2010

Isn't that a complete oxymoron I hear you cry? A HEALTHY curry? Well, in the interest of my wellbeing how could I refuse? I was sat catching up on Cook Yourself Thin on 4oD when I came across this saucy little number for Chicken Katsu Curry when Gizzi Erskine was tackling Zoe - the busy professional in the latest ep.

If someone were to at least mutter the word Curry at me I get excited, so I simply had to give this one a try. The low fat part? Instead of being deep fried in a crispy batter, each chicken breast is smothered in egg yolk, seasoned flour and cornflakes. Yes my friends. Cornflakes. As bizarro as it sounds it was bloody delicious; its got me thinking that maybe cornflake coatings for meat are the way forward!

Zoe, featured in the show along with this recipe, was addicted to her favourite curry which comprised of deep fried crispy chicken slathered in an archetypal takeout curry sauce. She ate it most lunchtimes, portioned with rice, eating at her desk. The curse of all offices, the deskside munching. Goddess Gizzi found a solution to Zoe's naughty nibble of choice and I decided to give it a whirl.

Chicken Katsu Curry

Easy and bloody delish. Ok, so the preparation for the sauce took some time and a little effort, but nothing a foodie can't handle! I served the dish with plain white rice and slapped a bit of Pak Choi on the side so I got my five a day. So there we have it, you literally can have your curry and eat it and boy does it taste every inch its full fat rival!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GUSTO AND GLEE Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino